Difference between revisions of "Geneva meeting"
(→Participating CETAF member institutions)
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 07:54, 25 September 2015
CETAF ISTC Stable Identifier Initiative - Geneva Meeting
October 12, 2015, 9:00 - 17:00
Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de la Ville de Genève
Meeting rooms: La Console – 192 Rue de Lausanne, Geneva
Villa le Chêne (reception building) – in the centre of the Garden – access via the main entrance at Place Albert-Thomas (near the bus stop “Jardin botanique” and opposite the World Trade Organisation).
Participating CETAF member institutions
- Berlin - BGBM
- Berlin - MfN
Agree on clear implementation steps to be taken by participating partners until the spring 2016 CETAF general meeting and ISTC meeting.
Potential implementation steps:
- LOD catalogue functions.
- Ensuring that biodiversity portals such as GBIF link appropriately to specimen-URIs provided by CETAF institutions.
- Improving LOD capabilities by harmonizing RDF metadata and linking out to external information resources (e.g. persons, geographic features, scientific names).
- Welcome / introduction /scope
- State of the play: each member summarises the state of identifier implementations in their institution (<= 5' per presentation)
- The Wallich Catalogue project: a potential target use case showing the potential of HTTP-URI identifiers for specimens (Roger Hyam).
- A tool to propagate identifiers into remote datasets (Nicky Nicolson)
- Discussion 1: can we identify and agree on targets / use cases which i) can be achieved within 6 months and ii) nicely demonstrate the potential of HTTP-URIs and LOD?
- Discussion 2: What's needed to achieve agreed target(s)?
- Discussion 3: Agree on roadmap and homework for each partner.